Guilty plea in fire that destroyed Phila. playground
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a fire that destroyed a playground in South Philadelphia pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Kevin Beattie, 26, entered the plea to arson and conspiracy charges during a court hearing in Center City.
The fire back on June 17 reduced the playground at FDR park to charred rubble.
The playground was equipped to accommodate children with disabilities.
Beattie will be sentenced March 14th.
philadelphia, arson, fire, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 55 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 18 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 47 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
18 min ago