Guilty plea in fire that destroyed Phila. playground
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a fire that destroyed a playground in South Philadelphia pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Kevin Beattie, 26, entered the plea to arson and conspiracy charges during a court hearing in Center City.
The fire back on June 17 reduced the playground at FDR park to charred rubble.
The playground was equipped to accommodate children with disabilities.
Beattie will be sentenced March 14th.
philadelphia, arson, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ