Guilty plea in fire that destroyed Phila. playground
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- The suspect in a fire that destroyed a playground in South Philadelphia pleaded guilty on Thursday.
Kevin Beattie, 26, entered the plea to arson and conspiracy charges during a court hearing in Center City.
The fire back on June 17 reduced the playground at FDR park to charred rubble.
The playground was equipped to accommodate children with disabilities.
Beattie will be sentenced March 14th.
philadelphia, arson, fire, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 26 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 28 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
26 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos