Firefighters battle church blaze in Point Breeze
POINT BREEZE - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire crews were on the scene of a church blaze in the Point Breeze section of Philadelphia Friday morning.
The fire broke out around 5:00 a.m. at the Saint Mary Holiness Church at 17th and Manton Streets.
Crews arrived to find heavy flames coming from the first floor. It took less than two hours for them to get the upper hand.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Officials say the fire appears to have started in the basement. The church had not been used recently.
Investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, point breeze, philadelphia, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Damp and cooler. 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Damp and cooler.
18 min ago