Accident closes Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident closed Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle, Delaware Friday morning.
The crash happened around 5:00 a.m. on Route 13 near Saienni Boulevard.
According to police, two people were injured after a driver lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times, striking a utility pole.
The impact brought some wires down across the highway.
Authorities say a tour bus traveling from New York City to Norfolk, Virginia got stuck trying to avoid the wires.
No one on the bus was hurt.
Route 13 was closed in both directions from Hamburg Road to the split with U.S. Route 40 as crews worked to clear the scene.
The southbound side was back open by 10:45 a.m. Police expected to reopen the northbound lanes by noon.
accident, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos