Accident closes Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident closed Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle, Delaware Friday morning.
The crash happened around 5:00 a.m. on Route 13 near Saienni Boulevard.
According to police, two people were injured after a driver lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times, striking a utility pole.
The impact brought some wires down across the highway.
Authorities say a tour bus traveling from New York City to Norfolk, Virginia got stuck trying to avoid the wires.
No one on the bus was hurt.
Route 13 was closed in both directions from Hamburg Road to the split with U.S. Route 40 as crews worked to clear the scene.
The southbound side was back open by 10:45 a.m. Police expected to reopen the northbound lanes by noon.
accident, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 31 min ago
- Damp and cooler.
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash 33 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 23 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 9 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized