Accident closes Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle
NEW CASTLE, Del. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- An accident closed Rt. 13 in both directions in New Castle, Delaware Friday morning.
The crash happened around 5:00 a.m. on Route 13 near Saienni Boulevard.
According to police, two people were injured after a driver lost control and the vehicle rolled over several times, striking a utility pole.
The impact brought some wires down across the highway.
Authorities say a tour bus traveling from New York City to Norfolk, Virginia got stuck trying to avoid the wires.
No one on the bus was hurt.
Route 13 was closed in both directions from Hamburg Road to the split with U.S. Route 40 as crews worked to clear the scene.
The southbound side was back open by 10:45 a.m. Police expected to reopen the northbound lanes by noon.
accident, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 10 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands