Menendez doesn't address FBI raid during speech
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez did not answer questions or address a recent FBI raid on the office of a donor while speaking to New Jersey's Chamber of Commerce in Washington.
The Democrat spoke about how the congressional delegation responded to help those affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Menendez sat near and chatted with Republican Gov. Chris Christie at Thursday night's dinner.
Menendez left without answering questions about Tuesday night's FBI search of the Florida office of a political donor.
Menendez's office said he reimbursed the donor this year for the cost of two of three trips Menendez took on the donor's plane to the Dominican Republic in 2010.
His office has denied allegations that the senator engaged in sex with prostitutes while in the Dominican Republic.
u.s. senate, new jersey, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 48 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 57 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
57 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
52 min ago