Menendez doesn't address FBI raid during speech
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez did not answer questions or address a recent FBI raid on the office of a donor while speaking to New Jersey's Chamber of Commerce in Washington.
The Democrat spoke about how the congressional delegation responded to help those affected by Superstorm Sandy.
Menendez sat near and chatted with Republican Gov. Chris Christie at Thursday night's dinner.
Menendez left without answering questions about Tuesday night's FBI search of the Florida office of a political donor.
Menendez's office said he reimbursed the donor this year for the cost of two of three trips Menendez took on the donor's plane to the Dominican Republic in 2010.
His office has denied allegations that the senator engaged in sex with prostitutes while in the Dominican Republic.
u.s. senate, new jersey, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 27 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 46 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
28 min ago