2nd teen sentenced in videotaped beating in Chester, Pa.
CHESTER, Pa. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A second teenage girl has pleaded guilty and been sentenced to prison in the videotaped beating of a mentally ill woman who was sitting on her steps in Chester, Delaware County.
17-year-old Jasmir Womack was sentenced Thursday to 6 to 23 months in prison.
She pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to recklessly endanger another person.
Investigators allege that six female defendants - apparently for fun - punched, kicked and hit the 48-year-old woman with a shoe and a chair in Chester in September.
One recorded the beating and the video was posted online.
On Tuesday, 16-year-old Rahmiyah Henderson was sentenced to six to 23 months in Delaware County prison after she, too, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit aggravated assault.
Both girls also received two years consecutive probation on the misdemeanor charge of recklessly endangering another person.
Each will also attend anger management classes.
Henderson and Womack and the four other girls were all charged as adults in the case, which made national headlines.
Takia Nicole Edwards, 19 is scheduled for a Feb. 26 court appearance.
Jamia Davis, 15, Janyea Bell, 16, and Anye Dennis, 16, have hearings scheduled for March 11.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
assault, chester, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 54 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 50 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
54 min ago