Former Wing Bowl champ indicted on drug charges
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A five-time wing-eating champion known as "El Wingador" has been indicted in New Jersey on cocaine distribution charges.
William Simmons is charged with four counts of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and one count of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce of cocaine in June.
The South Jersey Times reports the 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident is also charged with six counts of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce and less than five ounces of the drug and two counts of manufacturing less than half an ounce.
"El Wingador" last won Philadelphia's Wing Bowl in 2005 when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings. Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.
drugs, philadelphia, new jersey, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 42 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos