Former Wing Bowl champ indicted on drug charges
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A five-time wing-eating champion known as "El Wingador" has been indicted in New Jersey on cocaine distribution charges.
William Simmons is charged with four counts of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and one count of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce of cocaine in June.
The South Jersey Times reports the 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident is also charged with six counts of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce and less than five ounces of the drug and two counts of manufacturing less than half an ounce.
"El Wingador" last won Philadelphia's Wing Bowl in 2005 when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings. Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.
drugs, philadelphia, new jersey, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and Cooler 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 59 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS 29 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 53 min ago
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list