Former Wing Bowl champ indicted on drug charges
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A five-time wing-eating champion known as "El Wingador" has been indicted in New Jersey on cocaine distribution charges.
William Simmons is charged with four counts of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and one count of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce of cocaine in June.
The South Jersey Times reports the 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident is also charged with six counts of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce and less than five ounces of the drug and two counts of manufacturing less than half an ounce.
"El Wingador" last won Philadelphia's Wing Bowl in 2005 when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings. Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.
drugs, philadelphia, new jersey, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 21 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 12 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 8 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 10 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 51 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 49 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 41 min ago
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos