Former Wing Bowl champ indicted on drug charges
WOODBURY, N.J. (AP) - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A five-time wing-eating champion known as "El Wingador" has been indicted in New Jersey on cocaine distribution charges.
William Simmons is charged with four counts of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and one count of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce of cocaine in June.
The South Jersey Times reports the 51-year-old Woodbury Heights resident is also charged with six counts of manufacturing or distribution of more than a half ounce and less than five ounces of the drug and two counts of manufacturing less than half an ounce.
"El Wingador" last won Philadelphia's Wing Bowl in 2005 when he gnawed through 162 chicken wings. Wing Bowl was started as a way for Philadelphia sports fans to blow off steam before the Super Bowl.
drugs, philadelphia, new jersey, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 1 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 54 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 11 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
1 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
54 min ago
- Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
11 min ago