Suspect sought in Philly carjacking, shooting
PHILADELPHIA - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are seeking the public's help in identifying a suspect who was involved in a carjacking and shooting in the West Poplar neighborhood.
The incident happened just after 8:30 p.m. back on January 19th on the 1100 block of Spring Garden Street.
Police say the victims were at a gas station when two unidentified males approached them and forced them from their vehicle at gun point.
When the victims got out of the car, one of the them was armed and began firing, striking one of the suspects in the leg who fled but was apprehended a short time later.
The other suspect managed to grab a dirt bike from the rear of the victims' pick-up and then fled.
The suspect is described as a black male, 21 to 24 years-of-age, wearing a blue ski jacket and a gray hooded sweatshirt.
*To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
*If you have any information about this crime or this suspect, please contact: Central Detectives Division Det. Domenic #9140 Det. Waring #8101 215-686-3093/3094.
carjacking, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
59 min ago