Del. school officials: No truth to gun rumor
NEWARK, Del. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials at a middle school in Newark, Delaware say there does not appear to be any truth to a spreading rumor about a student with a gun.
Parents began showing up to pick up their children at Kirk Middle School on Friday after messages started spreading via social media.
One parent told Action News that her daughter sent her a text message saying a student had a gun in the school.
Christina School District spokesperson Wendy Lapham says the district is aware of the information being circulated and says the school resource officer, who is a Delaware State Police Officer, was alerted
Lapham said the officer 'investigated thoroughly ' and found no truth to the information.
Letters will be sent home with students regarding the investigation.
delaware, new castle county, school, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 19 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies