Man gets 32 years for trying to rob Amish couple
DOVER, Del. - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man who pleaded guilty to trying to rob an Amish couple while they were riding in their horse and buggy has been sentenced to 32 years in prison.
Prosecutors say 46-year-old Mark Carter of Smyrna pleaded guilty last month to attempted robbery and other offenses. He was sentenced on Thursday.
Police said on July 15, Carter pulled his car in front of the couple's horse and buggy on a rural road in Hartly. He got out of his car, displayed a handgun and threatened to shoot the couple if they did not give him money.
Police said the couple had no money, so Carter got back into his car and fled. State police found him shortly afterward.
delaware, kent county, robbery, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 8 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos