Family, friends remember Sarah Majoras
LAMBERTVILLE, N.J. - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's been a rough week for friends and family of Sarah Majoras, a well-loved 39-year-old woman, who went missing last Saturday morning.
She was seen on surveillance footage crossing the bridge into Lambertville after 2:00 a.m. but on Wednesday, investigators found her body in a local canal.
"Today we're here to pay her back for what she gave to all of us," said Joe Ujj.
On a freezing cold night, hundreds of people huddled together in the parking lot behind Lambertville Station Restaurant to embrace, reflect, honor and remember the life of their special friend Sarah.
She was a popular bartender at John and Peter's Restaurant in New Hope.
Ujj says he built a unique bond with his close friend of 15 years.
"A lot of deep conversation and heavy thinking. She has a spirit about her, not your run of the mill girl, very intelligent and interesting to talk to," said Ujj.
As people came to reflect on Sarah's life they did it to the tune of some of her favorite songs played on a loud speaker during the vigil.
Feeling the music, they stood - some swayed but all listened as they honored Sarah's life in a candlelight vigil.
Sarah's mom Judy asked that we all be kind to one another as the best way to honor Sarah's memory.
As far as the investigation goes, Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns says it does not appear that Sarah's death was the result of foul play, but rather a tragic accident.
Close friends can't help but question how it all happened.
"What path did she take? Was she in the canal for 5 days or only for a few hours?" said Christine Cattani.
They know the answers may never be found but the close community will move forward after Saturday night knowing they have each other's support.
"We are incredibly tight-knit, we lean on each other. Just being here tonight helps us all heal," said Cattani.
pennsylvania, bucks county, missing person, new jersey, hunterdon county, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 33 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 19 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 25 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 56 min ago