Tacony-Palmyra Bridge reopens after fire
TACONY - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Tacony Palmyra Bridge has opened after a fire left the bridge shut down in both directions.
The fire broke out around 4:00 Friday afternoon.
Smoke was reported coming from a pier on the midspan of the bridge. The view from Chopper 6 showed flames also coming from beneath part of the bridge.
The bridge was closed to traffic for about an hour as crews worked to extinguish the flames.
Authorities say the electrical fire started from channel lights on a wooded bulkhead.
No injuries were reported.
Officials will inspect the area on Saturday.
philadelphia, tacony, fire, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's