Tacony-Palmyra Bridge reopens after fire
TACONY - February 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Tacony Palmyra Bridge has opened after a fire left the bridge shut down in both directions.
The fire broke out around 4:00 Friday afternoon.
Smoke was reported coming from a pier on the midspan of the bridge. The view from Chopper 6 showed flames also coming from beneath part of the bridge.
The bridge was closed to traffic for about an hour as crews worked to extinguish the flames.
Authorities say the electrical fire started from channel lights on a wooded bulkhead.
No injuries were reported.
Officials will inspect the area on Saturday.
philadelphia, tacony, fire, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 16 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery 59 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra