Officer finds man shot dead on Phila. street
OGONTZ - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say an officer came across a man who was shot to death in the Ogontz section.
It was shortly after 2:00 a.m. Saturday when an officer from the 35th district, on routine patrol, noticed a man lying in the 5900 block of Opal Street.
The officer went to check on the man and discovered he had been shot several times.
The victim was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center but he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Investigators tell Action News they are working to identify the man, who was not carrying any ID.
Four bullet casings were found at the scene.
There have been no arrests or any word on suspects.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 54 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 24 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos