Officer finds man shot dead on Phila. street
OGONTZ - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say an officer came across a man who was shot to death in the Ogontz section.
It was shortly after 2:00 a.m. Saturday when an officer from the 35th district, on routine patrol, noticed a man lying in the 5900 block of Opal Street.
The officer went to check on the man and discovered he had been shot several times.
The victim was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center but he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Investigators tell Action News they are working to identify the man, who was not carrying any ID.
Four bullet casings were found at the scene.
There have been no arrests or any word on suspects.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 31 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 28 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 26 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 48 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos