Officer finds man shot dead on Phila. street
OGONTZ - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say an officer came across a man who was shot to death in the Ogontz section.
It was shortly after 2:00 a.m. Saturday when an officer from the 35th district, on routine patrol, noticed a man lying in the 5900 block of Opal Street.
The officer went to check on the man and discovered he had been shot several times.
The victim was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center but he was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.
Investigators tell Action News they are working to identify the man, who was not carrying any ID.
Four bullet casings were found at the scene.
There have been no arrests or any word on suspects.
philadelphia, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 34 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 22 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
34 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos