Man critical after shooting outside SW Phila. bar
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man is in critical condition after a shooting early Saturday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. outside Eddie's Cafe in the 6500 block of Dicks Avenue.
Police say a confrontation between two women led to a fight between the men who were with them, which spilled out into the street.
The men brought out handguns and began firing, police say. A 35-year-old man was hit four times and rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
So far, there have been no arrests in this case.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 59 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 49 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 51 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos