Police, FBI search for Lower Merion bank robber
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lower Merion police and the FBI are asking for the public's help in finding the person who robbed a Citizens Bank in Bala Cynwyd.
It happened around 10:45 Saturday at the branch inside ACME supermarket on the 100 block of East City Line Avenue.
Police say the male suspect walked inside and handed a note to the teller demanding money.
After getting an undisclosed amount of cash, he fled in a dark colored SUV.
The suspect is described as a black male in his late 20s, approximately 6'2" with a goatee or possibly a beard.
He was last seen wearing a navy winter coat with fur trim on the hood, blue jeans, a grayish baseball cap with writing, dark gloves and dark shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the FBI at 215-418-4000 or Lower Merion Police at 610-649-1000.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, bank robbery, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 14 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 52 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Wintry Weekend
52 min ago