Police, FBI search for Lower Merion bank robber
BALA CYNWYD, Pa. - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lower Merion police and the FBI are asking for the public's help in finding the person who robbed a Citizens Bank in Bala Cynwyd.
It happened around 10:45 Saturday at the branch inside ACME supermarket on the 100 block of East City Line Avenue.
Police say the male suspect walked inside and handed a note to the teller demanding money.
After getting an undisclosed amount of cash, he fled in a dark colored SUV.
The suspect is described as a black male in his late 20s, approximately 6'2" with a goatee or possibly a beard.
He was last seen wearing a navy winter coat with fur trim on the hood, blue jeans, a grayish baseball cap with writing, dark gloves and dark shoes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the FBI at 215-418-4000 or Lower Merion Police at 610-649-1000.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, bank robbery, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 7 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ