2013 Phila. Home Show brings a taste of Spring
PHILADELPHIA - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The 2013 Philadelphia Home Show is here and the new exhibit gives a peek at the latest building, design and landscaping trends.
Ruth Hawthorne, who says she likes antiques and creative recycling, was in search of ideas for her kitchen.
"I heard there were different countertops using recycled glass and metals, so I'm interested in that," she said.
Robin Horne brought family to get ideas they can bring back to their Birdsboro, Berks County home.
"A lot of things you wish you could have but can't but you can always dream," said Horne.
There's certainly plenty to see from massage chairs, to flags to innovative home workout equipment.
After the workout, you might want a new shower or if you're looking for a snack you can check out a ceramic grater.
Among the most alluring displays are those featuring landscaping ideas and flowers. It's all a reminder that it won't be winter forever.
Mike Pasquarello says the big trend for Spring is making yards a real part of the home.
"They're trying to create outdoor living spaces - spaces where you have these rooftop structures and fireplaces to bring the feeling of the indoors out," said Pasquarello.
Even if you didn't make it Saturday, the show runs to Feb 10.
philadelphia, local/state, amy buckman
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 25 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 18 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 29 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering