2013 Phila. Home Show brings a taste of Spring
PHILADELPHIA - February 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The 2013 Philadelphia Home Show is here and the new exhibit gives a peek at the latest building, design and landscaping trends.
Ruth Hawthorne, who says she likes antiques and creative recycling, was in search of ideas for her kitchen.
"I heard there were different countertops using recycled glass and metals, so I'm interested in that," she said.
Robin Horne brought family to get ideas they can bring back to their Birdsboro, Berks County home.
"A lot of things you wish you could have but can't but you can always dream," said Horne.
There's certainly plenty to see from massage chairs, to flags to innovative home workout equipment.
After the workout, you might want a new shower or if you're looking for a snack you can check out a ceramic grater.
Among the most alluring displays are those featuring landscaping ideas and flowers. It's all a reminder that it won't be winter forever.
Mike Pasquarello says the big trend for Spring is making yards a real part of the home.
"They're trying to create outdoor living spaces - spaces where you have these rooftop structures and fireplaces to bring the feeling of the indoors out," said Pasquarello.
Even if you didn't make it Saturday, the show runs to Feb 10.
philadelphia, local/state, amy buckman
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball