Suspect sought in Tacony bank robbery
TACONY - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police and FBI investigators are asking for the public's help in their search for the suspect in the robbery of a bank in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
According to police, it was 2:50 p.m. last Tuesday when the suspect entered the PNC Bank located at 6855 Frankford Avenue.
The man approached the counter and then demanded money from the teller.
After being handed an undisclosed amount of money, the suspect fled the scene on foot.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30 to 40-years-old, standing 6'0?, with a scruffy beard, stocky build, and wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.
To submit a tip about the suspect's identity and/or whereabouts, you can dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
tacony, philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier