Suspect sought in Tacony bank robbery
TACONY - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police and FBI investigators are asking for the public's help in their search for the suspect in the robbery of a bank in Philadelphia's Tacony section.
According to police, it was 2:50 p.m. last Tuesday when the suspect entered the PNC Bank located at 6855 Frankford Avenue.
The man approached the counter and then demanded money from the teller.
After being handed an undisclosed amount of money, the suspect fled the scene on foot.
The suspect is described as a white male, 30 to 40-years-old, standing 6'0?, with a scruffy beard, stocky build, and wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.
To submit a tip about the suspect's identity and/or whereabouts, you can dial 215.686.TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
tacony, philadelphia, bank robbery, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ