Man shot confronting burglars in his Wilmington, Del. home
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Wilmington, Delaware man is hospitalized after being shot by a pair of burglars in his own home.
It happened before 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Police say two masked men broke into a home in the unit block of West 24th Street and began to burglarize it.
As the suspects were removing items, police say a 29-year-old tenant confronted them inside the home.
One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and shot the man in the chest. Both suspects then fled.
Police arrived, found the wounded man and called medics.
The man was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects described as black males wearing all black clothing and masks, last seen fleeing south on North Tattnall Street.
Anyone with information on the suspects or the burglary is urged to call Wilmington Police.
delaware, burglary, robbery, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 36 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 56 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom