Man shot confronting burglars in his Wilmington, Del. home
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Wilmington, Delaware man is hospitalized after being shot by a pair of burglars in his own home.
It happened before 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Police say two masked men broke into a home in the unit block of West 24th Street and began to burglarize it.
As the suspects were removing items, police say a 29-year-old tenant confronted them inside the home.
One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and shot the man in the chest. Both suspects then fled.
Police arrived, found the wounded man and called medics.
The man was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects described as black males wearing all black clothing and masks, last seen fleeing south on North Tattnall Street.
Anyone with information on the suspects or the burglary is urged to call Wilmington Police.
delaware, burglary, robbery, local/state
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 36 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 17 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million