Man shot confronting burglars in his Wilmington, Del. home
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Wilmington, Delaware man is hospitalized after being shot by a pair of burglars in his own home.
It happened before 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Police say two masked men broke into a home in the unit block of West 24th Street and began to burglarize it.
As the suspects were removing items, police say a 29-year-old tenant confronted them inside the home.
One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and shot the man in the chest. Both suspects then fled.
Police arrived, found the wounded man and called medics.
The man was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects described as black males wearing all black clothing and masks, last seen fleeing south on North Tattnall Street.
Anyone with information on the suspects or the burglary is urged to call Wilmington Police.
delaware, burglary, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 24 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 3 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases