Man shot confronting burglars in his Wilmington, Del. home
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Wilmington, Delaware man is hospitalized after being shot by a pair of burglars in his own home.
It happened before 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Police say two masked men broke into a home in the unit block of West 24th Street and began to burglarize it.
As the suspects were removing items, police say a 29-year-old tenant confronted them inside the home.
One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and shot the man in the chest. Both suspects then fled.
Police arrived, found the wounded man and called medics.
The man was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects described as black males wearing all black clothing and masks, last seen fleeing south on North Tattnall Street.
Anyone with information on the suspects or the burglary is urged to call Wilmington Police.
delaware, burglary, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 32 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 21 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia