Man shot confronting burglars in his Wilmington, Del. home
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Wilmington, Delaware man is hospitalized after being shot by a pair of burglars in his own home.
It happened before 1:00 p.m. Monday.
Police say two masked men broke into a home in the unit block of West 24th Street and began to burglarize it.
As the suspects were removing items, police say a 29-year-old tenant confronted them inside the home.
One of the suspects then pulled out a gun and shot the man in the chest. Both suspects then fled.
Police arrived, found the wounded man and called medics.
The man was rushed to Christiana Hospital, where he is listed in stable condition.
Police are searching for two suspects described as black males wearing all black clothing and masks, last seen fleeing south on North Tattnall Street.
Anyone with information on the suspects or the burglary is urged to call Wilmington Police.
delaware, burglary, robbery, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 31 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 50 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 43 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 57 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
31 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
57 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
29 min ago