NJ pawn shop owner, 2 others charged in $14k jewelry theft
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a pawn shop owner and two other men in connection with a jewelry theft in Gloucester Township.
Charged with theft are Anthony Natale, 50, of Atco, N.J., owner of the We Buy Gold pawn shop in Winslow Township; and Anthony Sciacca, 29, of Erial, NJ.
Charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest is Charles Arzillo, Jr., 70, of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Police say sometime in December 2012 or January 2013, Sciacca stole $14,000 worth of jewelry from a home on Jerome Avenue in Gloucester Township and sold it to We Buy Gold.
Investigators traced the stolen jewelry to the store.
Police say when they told Natale about the situation, he agreed to cooperate and said he would turn over the stolen jewelry. But instead, police say, he told an employee to sell the jewelry back to its original owner for $3,915.
When investigators confronted that employee before the transaction was complete, police say Arzillo, who also works at the store, physically confronted a detective and was arrested along with Natale and Sciacca.
Sciacca has been released on $5,000 bail. Natale and Arzillo are awaiting court hearings.
new jersey, theft, camden county, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ