NJ pawn shop owner, 2 others charged in $14k jewelry theft
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - February 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested a pawn shop owner and two other men in connection with a jewelry theft in Gloucester Township.
Charged with theft are Anthony Natale, 50, of Atco, N.J., owner of the We Buy Gold pawn shop in Winslow Township; and Anthony Sciacca, 29, of Erial, NJ.
Charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest is Charles Arzillo, Jr., 70, of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Police say sometime in December 2012 or January 2013, Sciacca stole $14,000 worth of jewelry from a home on Jerome Avenue in Gloucester Township and sold it to We Buy Gold.
Investigators traced the stolen jewelry to the store.
Police say when they told Natale about the situation, he agreed to cooperate and said he would turn over the stolen jewelry. But instead, police say, he told an employee to sell the jewelry back to its original owner for $3,915.
When investigators confronted that employee before the transaction was complete, police say Arzillo, who also works at the store, physically confronted a detective and was arrested along with Natale and Sciacca.
Sciacca has been released on $5,000 bail. Natale and Arzillo are awaiting court hearings.
new jersey, theft, camden county, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 34 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 29 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 22 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 38 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more