Driver spots a body on North Philly street
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver spotted a body riddled with bullets on a North Philadelphia street early Tuesday morning.
The driver called police around 3:30 a.m. to report a body seen near the crosswalk area of 17th and West Lehigh Avenue.
Police arrived to find a man in his 20's having suffered gunshot wounds to the head and chest. He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made and police have yet to determine a possible motive for the shooting.
Investigators are combing the area for clues and viewing surveillance cameras for information.
north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 20 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish