Driver spots a body on North Philly street
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver spotted a body riddled with bullets on a North Philadelphia street early Tuesday morning.
The driver called police around 3:30 a.m. to report a body seen near the crosswalk area of 17th and West Lehigh Avenue.
Police arrived to find a man in his 20's having suffered gunshot wounds to the head and chest. He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made and police have yet to determine a possible motive for the shooting.
Investigators are combing the area for clues and viewing surveillance cameras for information.
north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 41 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 15 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
57 min ago
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
41 min ago