Driver spots a body on North Philly street
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a driver spotted a body riddled with bullets on a North Philadelphia street early Tuesday morning.
The driver called police around 3:30 a.m. to report a body seen near the crosswalk area of 17th and West Lehigh Avenue.
Police arrived to find a man in his 20's having suffered gunshot wounds to the head and chest. He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made and police have yet to determine a possible motive for the shooting.
Investigators are combing the area for clues and viewing surveillance cameras for information.
north philadelphia, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 30 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 55 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 44 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 18 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos