Fire damages 3 houses in Kensington
KENSINGTON - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of a fire where three houses were damaged in the Kensington section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 800 block of East Clearfield Street.
Fire officials say it started on the second floor of a vacant house and quickly spread to neighboring vacant houses.
Crews had it under control within a half hour.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for a minor injury and released.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
17 min ago