Fire damages 3 houses in Kensington
KENSINGTON - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of a fire where three houses were damaged in the Kensington section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 800 block of East Clearfield Street.
Fire officials say it started on the second floor of a vacant house and quickly spread to neighboring vacant houses.
Crews had it under control within a half hour.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for a minor injury and released.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ