Fire damages 3 houses in Kensington
KENSINGTON - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of a fire where three houses were damaged in the Kensington section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 800 block of East Clearfield Street.
Fire officials say it started on the second floor of a vacant house and quickly spread to neighboring vacant houses.
Crews had it under control within a half hour.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for a minor injury and released.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 35 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
34 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
35 min ago