Fire damages 3 houses in Kensington
KENSINGTON - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Crews were on the scene of a fire where three houses were damaged in the Kensington section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out around 4:00 a.m. on the 800 block of East Clearfield Street.
Fire officials say it started on the second floor of a vacant house and quickly spread to neighboring vacant houses.
Crews had it under control within a half hour.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital, treated for a minor injury and released.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 29 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 42 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 57 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
55 min ago