Elderly couple killed in crash in Altoona, Pa.
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an elderly husband and wife have died in a car crash in western Pennsylvania a day after celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary.
The Altoona Mirror reports the accident happened when their car was traveling at a high rate of speed and struck a gold truck in Altoona around 4 p.m. Monday. Investigators say the couple, who were in their 80s, died instantly.
Their names have not been released, but authorities say the husband had health problems. Coroner Patty Ross says they had celebrated 63 years of marriage Sunday. She says family is still being notified.
Police say there were two men in the truck that was hit. They were taken to the hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 31 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 4 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
31 min ago