Elderly couple killed in crash in Altoona, Pa.
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an elderly husband and wife have died in a car crash in western Pennsylvania a day after celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary.
The Altoona Mirror reports the accident happened when their car was traveling at a high rate of speed and struck a gold truck in Altoona around 4 p.m. Monday. Investigators say the couple, who were in their 80s, died instantly.
Their names have not been released, but authorities say the husband had health problems. Coroner Patty Ross says they had celebrated 63 years of marriage Sunday. She says family is still being notified.
Police say there were two men in the truck that was hit. They were taken to the hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 40 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 35 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 3 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos