Elderly couple killed in crash in Altoona, Pa.
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an elderly husband and wife have died in a car crash in western Pennsylvania a day after celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary.
The Altoona Mirror reports the accident happened when their car was traveling at a high rate of speed and struck a gold truck in Altoona around 4 p.m. Monday. Investigators say the couple, who were in their 80s, died instantly.
Their names have not been released, but authorities say the husband had health problems. Coroner Patty Ross says they had celebrated 63 years of marriage Sunday. She says family is still being notified.
Police say there were two men in the truck that was hit. They were taken to the hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 44 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 39 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos