Elderly couple killed in crash in Altoona, Pa.
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an elderly husband and wife have died in a car crash in western Pennsylvania a day after celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary.
The Altoona Mirror reports the accident happened when their car was traveling at a high rate of speed and struck a gold truck in Altoona around 4 p.m. Monday. Investigators say the couple, who were in their 80s, died instantly.
Their names have not been released, but authorities say the husband had health problems. Coroner Patty Ross says they had celebrated 63 years of marriage Sunday. She says family is still being notified.
Police say there were two men in the truck that was hit. They were taken to the hospital with injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening.
accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 25 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 5 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar