Police sergeant injured at Montco shooting range
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
HATFIELD, Pa. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police sergeant was injured Tuesday after his weapon accidentally discharged at a Montgomery County shooting range.
It happened at 10:45 a.m.Police say Upper Gwynedd Township Police Sergeant Stephen Gillen was conducting an annual firearms training session at the police firing range at 304 County Line Road in Hatfield, Pa. under the supervision of two certified range instructors. They say Gillen, a 23-year veteran of the department, was removing his firearm from its holster when the weapon went off. A bullet struck Gillen in the left foot. Fellow officers administered first aid, and medics from the Volunteer Medical Corps took Gillen to Abington Memorial Hospital. A police investigation is underway.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
montgomery county, pennsylvania, guns, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 21 min ago
- Steamy Situation 12 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 3 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 59 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 46 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 32 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 50 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 1 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 48 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave. 1 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
21 min ago
6abc.com News Links