Police sergeant injured at Montco shooting range
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
HATFIELD, Pa. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police sergeant was injured Tuesday after his weapon accidentally discharged at a Montgomery County shooting range.
It happened at 10:45 a.m.Police say Upper Gwynedd Township Police Sergeant Stephen Gillen was conducting an annual firearms training session at the police firing range at 304 County Line Road in Hatfield, Pa. under the supervision of two certified range instructors. They say Gillen, a 23-year veteran of the department, was removing his firearm from its holster when the weapon went off. A bullet struck Gillen in the left foot. Fellow officers administered first aid, and medics from the Volunteer Medical Corps took Gillen to Abington Memorial Hospital. A police investigation is underway.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
montgomery county, pennsylvania, guns, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos