Philly ranks 9th for worst traffic cities
PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study has reported that Philadelphia ranks 9th as one of the worst cities when it comes to traffic.
The study done by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute has just released the 10 worst cities for traffic in America.
Philadelphia tied for the 9th position on the list with the average commuter wasting 48 hours of their lives each year, sitting in traffic. They also waste 23 gallons of gas annually.
Researchers say Washington, D.C. topped the list as the worst traffic city.
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures