Philly ranks 9th for worst traffic cities
PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study has reported that Philadelphia ranks 9th as one of the worst cities when it comes to traffic.
The study done by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute has just released the 10 worst cities for traffic in America.
Philadelphia tied for the 9th position on the list with the average commuter wasting 48 hours of their lives each year, sitting in traffic. They also waste 23 gallons of gas annually.
Researchers say Washington, D.C. topped the list as the worst traffic city.
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 45 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 7 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 6 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 44 min ago
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 32 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 26 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
45 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
44 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
6 min ago