Philly ranks 9th for worst traffic cities
PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study has reported that Philadelphia ranks 9th as one of the worst cities when it comes to traffic.
The study done by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute has just released the 10 worst cities for traffic in America.
Philadelphia tied for the 9th position on the list with the average commuter wasting 48 hours of their lives each year, sitting in traffic. They also waste 23 gallons of gas annually.
Researchers say Washington, D.C. topped the list as the worst traffic city.
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 14 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos