Philly ranks 9th for worst traffic cities
PHILADELPHIA - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A new study has reported that Philadelphia ranks 9th as one of the worst cities when it comes to traffic.
The study done by the Texas A&M Transportation Institute has just released the 10 worst cities for traffic in America.
Philadelphia tied for the 9th position on the list with the average commuter wasting 48 hours of their lives each year, sitting in traffic. They also waste 23 gallons of gas annually.
Researchers say Washington, D.C. topped the list as the worst traffic city.
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate 31 min ago
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
43 min ago