Women sought for thefts from cars in Cherry Hill
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police need your help in identifying two women wanted for stealing from cars in the parking lot of a fitness club in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
Police say the pair targets cars where pocketbooks or purses are visible. Once they see the items, they break the window and remove the valuables from the vehicle.
According to police, the duo would then use the stolen credit cards at convenience stores and pharmacies throughout Camden and Burlington Counties.
Authorities say the credit cards were primarily used to purchase gift cards.
The suspects have been seen operating a bronze/pewter colored hybrid SUV, similar to a Nissan Murano or Ford Escape.
Police are warning gym-goers to be careful.
"Everyone, everywhere, you have to secure your valuables," said Det. Sgt. Joseph Vitarelli of the Cherry Hill Police Dept.
"People will look for opportunities everywhere, I guess," said Cherry Hill resident Tom Tudor, who said these break-ins won't stop him from going to the gym.
"They run a great place here," said Tudor.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police or Detective Robert Kempf of the Cherry Hill Police Department at 856-488-7833.
theft, camden county, cherry hill, new jersey, local/state
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom