Suspect named, $2,500 reward offered in Montco home invasion
HUNTINGDON VALLEY, Pa. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities have announced a $2,500 reward for information leading to the capture of a home invasion robbery suspect in Montgomery County.
Prosecutors say Michael Bivans, 23, is one of two men who burst into a home on Heaton Hill Lane in Huntingdon Valley on May 19, 2012.
They say Bivans and another man held the occupants of the home, including women and children, at gunpoint as they robbed the place.
Prosecutors say Bivans has been linked to the crime through surveillance video and forensic evidence.
A $2,500 reward for information leading to Bivans' arrest is being offered through the Citizens Crime Commission of the Delaware Valley, the Lower Moreland Police Department and the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office.
Tips can be left anonymously by calling 215-546-TIPS (8477).
pennsylvania, home invasion, robbery, montgomery county, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 1 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ