Mayor Emanuel reports for jury duty
February 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Everyone has to do their civic duty, even the mayor of Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel reported for jury duty at the Daley Center Tuesday morning.
Emanuel went through security like everyone else and greeted security officers along the way.
Emanuel reportedly watched a video called "How to be a Juror," before he was dismissed.
He joked about his brief call to duty.
"This morning I did my jury duty. I did not get called but I did get caught up on a lot of reading," he said.
Emanuel also noted his arrival at the Daley Center by checking in on the social media site foursquare and tweeted about it.
Mayor Emanuel tweeted out a picture of himself waiting with all the other potential jurors. @ChicagosMayor wrote, "Waiting patiently to be called into a jury panel."
Emanuel took a private elevator to the 17th floor jury room.
- Runway littered with holiday mail 24 min ago
- Warmer Weekend 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school 16 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive 35 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape 18 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 47 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Warmer Weekend
54 min ago