Mayor Emanuel reports for jury duty
February 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Everyone has to do their civic duty, even the mayor of Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel reported for jury duty at the Daley Center Tuesday morning.
Emanuel went through security like everyone else and greeted security officers along the way.
Emanuel reportedly watched a video called "How to be a Juror," before he was dismissed.
He joked about his brief call to duty.
"This morning I did my jury duty. I did not get called but I did get caught up on a lot of reading," he said.
Emanuel also noted his arrival at the Daley Center by checking in on the social media site foursquare and tweeted about it.
Mayor Emanuel tweeted out a picture of himself waiting with all the other potential jurors. @ChicagosMayor wrote, "Waiting patiently to be called into a jury panel."
Emanuel took a private elevator to the 17th floor jury room.
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 6 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 56 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 15 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash