Mayor Emanuel reports for jury duty
February 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Everyone has to do their civic duty, even the mayor of Chicago.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel reported for jury duty at the Daley Center Tuesday morning.
Emanuel went through security like everyone else and greeted security officers along the way.
Emanuel reportedly watched a video called "How to be a Juror," before he was dismissed.
He joked about his brief call to duty.
"This morning I did my jury duty. I did not get called but I did get caught up on a lot of reading," he said.
Emanuel also noted his arrival at the Daley Center by checking in on the social media site foursquare and tweeted about it.
Mayor Emanuel tweeted out a picture of himself waiting with all the other potential jurors. @ChicagosMayor wrote, "Waiting patiently to be called into a jury panel."
Emanuel took a private elevator to the 17th floor jury room.
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos