Shooting at Gloucester Co. Superior Court an accident; 1 injured
WOODBURY, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting on the grounds of the Gloucester County Superior Court building, that left one person injured, was an accident.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the building located at 70 Hunter Street in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office tells Action News that a detective was wounded when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot.
The wound was not life-threatening and no one else was injured.
That detective was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The prosecutor said the detective is not being identified due to the "nature of his assignment."
new jersey, gloucester county, shooting, 6at4, local/state
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
- Another Beauty
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age 51 22 min ago
- Police: Severe neglect led to disabled man's death 4 min ago
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy at age...
22 min ago