Shooting at Gloucester Co. Superior Court an accident; 1 injured
WOODBURY, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting on the grounds of the Gloucester County Superior Court building, that left one person injured, was an accident.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the building located at 70 Hunter Street in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office tells Action News that a detective was wounded when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot.
The wound was not life-threatening and no one else was injured.
That detective was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The prosecutor said the detective is not being identified due to the "nature of his assignment."
new jersey, gloucester county, shooting, 6at4, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 32 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 34 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 37 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 25 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber