Shooting at Gloucester Co. Superior Court an accident; 1 injured
WOODBURY, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting on the grounds of the Gloucester County Superior Court building, that left one person injured, was an accident.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the building located at 70 Hunter Street in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office tells Action News that a detective was wounded when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot.
The wound was not life-threatening and no one else was injured.
That detective was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The prosecutor said the detective is not being identified due to the "nature of his assignment."
new jersey, gloucester county, shooting, 6at4, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 6 min ago
- Temps Soar 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 9 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 24 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 26 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 16 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
22 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
16 min ago