Shooting at Gloucester Co. Superior Court an accident; 1 injured
WOODBURY, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting on the grounds of the Gloucester County Superior Court building, that left one person injured, was an accident.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the building located at 70 Hunter Street in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office tells Action News that a detective was wounded when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot.
The wound was not life-threatening and no one else was injured.
That detective was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The prosecutor said the detective is not being identified due to the "nature of his assignment."
new jersey, gloucester county, shooting, 6at4, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1