Shooting at Gloucester Co. Superior Court an accident; 1 injured
WOODBURY, N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a shooting on the grounds of the Gloucester County Superior Court building, that left one person injured, was an accident.
The shooting was reported around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the building located at 70 Hunter Street in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office tells Action News that a detective was wounded when her gun accidentally went off in the parking lot.
The wound was not life-threatening and no one else was injured.
That detective was taken to the hospital for treatment.
The prosecutor said the detective is not being identified due to the "nature of his assignment."
new jersey, gloucester county, shooting, 6at4, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 36 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 52 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
36 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
52 min ago