Arrests in theft of NJ school employee's credit cards
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested after police say she stole credit cards from a school employee in Egg Harbor Township.
The Swift Elementary School employee reported to police that someone had entered the school and stolen various credit cards from her purse that was in her office.
The suspect has been identified as 43-year-old Victoria Barnes of Atlantic City.
Police say after stealing the credit cards, Barnes proceeded to make over $1,500 in fraudulent purchases at various stores in Hamilton Township.
While making the fraudulent purchases, authorities say Barnes was accompanied by two accomplices that have been identified as Anthony and Blaine Dorsey, also of Atlantic City.
Barnes has been charged with criminal trespass and theft.
She is currently being held at the Atlantic County Jail on an unrelated incident.
Additional charges are pending against all three for the credit card fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, and thefts in Hamilton Township.
new jersey, theft, fraud, atlantic county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos