Arrests in theft of NJ school employee's credit cards
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman has been arrested after police say she stole credit cards from a school employee in Egg Harbor Township.
The Swift Elementary School employee reported to police that someone had entered the school and stolen various credit cards from her purse that was in her office.
The suspect has been identified as 43-year-old Victoria Barnes of Atlantic City.
Police say after stealing the credit cards, Barnes proceeded to make over $1,500 in fraudulent purchases at various stores in Hamilton Township.
While making the fraudulent purchases, authorities say Barnes was accompanied by two accomplices that have been identified as Anthony and Blaine Dorsey, also of Atlantic City.
Barnes has been charged with criminal trespass and theft.
She is currently being held at the Atlantic County Jail on an unrelated incident.
Additional charges are pending against all three for the credit card fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, and thefts in Hamilton Township.
new jersey, theft, fraud, atlantic county, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 20 min ago
- Breezy And Mild! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 15 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment 56 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 23 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Breezy And Mild!
8 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
20 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
15 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
23 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos