SUV crashes, nearly hits plane at Phila. Int'l Airport
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman crashed her vehicle through a fence at Philadelphia International Airport overnight, and very nearly smashed into an airliner.
The accident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say the small white SUV crashed through a fence surrounding the US Airways maintenance facility near Tinicum Island Way and Scott Way.
The SUV hurtled past the fence and stopped within five feet of a docked Airbus.
Police converged on the lot shortly after the call came in. They found the driver unharmed. It was not immediately clear what caused her to lose control.
Authorities said it does not appear the woman was intoxicated or crashed through the fence intentionally.
No one else was in the SUV. The driver was not taken to the hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
accident, philadelphia international airport, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 12 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 32 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 31 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 46 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 27 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 19 min ago
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
12 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
32 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos