SUV crashes, nearly hits plane at Phila. Int'l Airport
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman crashed her vehicle through a fence at Philadelphia International Airport overnight, and very nearly smashed into an airliner.
The accident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say the small white SUV crashed through a fence surrounding the US Airways maintenance facility near Tinicum Island Way and Scott Way.
The SUV hurtled past the fence and stopped within five feet of a docked Airbus.
Police converged on the lot shortly after the call came in. They found the driver unharmed. It was not immediately clear what caused her to lose control.
Authorities said it does not appear the woman was intoxicated or crashed through the fence intentionally.
No one else was in the SUV. The driver was not taken to the hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
accident, philadelphia international airport, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 43 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 58 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 17 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 10 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
58 min ago
- Woman digs her way out of locked bathroom
55 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
59 min ago