SUV crashes, nearly hits plane at Phila. Int'l Airport
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman crashed her vehicle through a fence at Philadelphia International Airport overnight, and very nearly smashed into an airliner.
The accident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say the small white SUV crashed through a fence surrounding the US Airways maintenance facility near Tinicum Island Way and Scott Way.
The SUV hurtled past the fence and stopped within five feet of a docked Airbus.
Police converged on the lot shortly after the call came in. They found the driver unharmed. It was not immediately clear what caused her to lose control.
Authorities said it does not appear the woman was intoxicated or crashed through the fence intentionally.
No one else was in the SUV. The driver was not taken to the hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
accident, philadelphia international airport, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 31 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 24 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 30 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 28 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
23 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
31 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos