SUV crashes, nearly hits plane at Phila. Int'l Airport
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a woman crashed her vehicle through a fence at Philadelphia International Airport overnight, and very nearly smashed into an airliner.
The accident happened just before 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Investigators say the small white SUV crashed through a fence surrounding the US Airways maintenance facility near Tinicum Island Way and Scott Way.
The SUV hurtled past the fence and stopped within five feet of a docked Airbus.
Police converged on the lot shortly after the call came in. They found the driver unharmed. It was not immediately clear what caused her to lose control.
Authorities said it does not appear the woman was intoxicated or crashed through the fence intentionally.
No one else was in the SUV. The driver was not taken to the hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
accident, philadelphia international airport, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 23 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 44 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 46 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 26 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 56 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 49 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 36 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 55 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 57 min ago
- Video: Pa. contender in Sriracha search for new home 16 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
23 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
14 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
44 min ago