Pa. college professor collapses in class, dies
BLOOMSBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Bloomsburg University officials say a 77-year-old political science professor collapsed at the start of her class and died.
The Press-Enterprise reports students in Gloria Cohen-Dion's seminar on writing the Constitution called 911 and went looking for other faculty when it happened Monday night.
Political science department Chairman Harry "Neil" Strine IV says another professor carried her to a waiting ambulance gurney.
Philosophy professor Wendy Lynne Lee says Cohen-Dion had taught at the university for 20 years and had been planning on retiring, with plans to throw her attention on research and volunteer work raising awareness about sex trafficking.
The cause of death was not immediately known Tuesday. A funeral service was scheduled for Thursday in Southampton.
college, pennsylvania, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 8 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 44 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
8 min ago