Funeral services held for Elizabeth Mulford
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Memorial services were held at the Red Clay Presbyterian Church for Elizabeth Mulford Saturday morning. She was one of the victims shot and killed at the courthouse in Wilmington on Monday.
Mulford was a nurse, a wife and a mother of two. She volunteered with the girl scouts, and she was also the kind of woman who would go to court to support a friend who was going through a tough battle over child support.
It was that dedication to a friend, shooting victim Christine Belford that cost her life.
Her father had visited her the night before her death to give her a combined Valentine's and birthday present.
"We sat there, and we visited for about an hour, and I am so glad I did," said William Mahan.
Mulford was killed at the courthouse on Monday by Belford's ex-father-in-law Thomas Matusiewicz.
David Matusiewicz, Belford's ex-husband and the son of the shooter, appeared in federal court Friday.
He waived his right to a detention hearing for violating his parole. Police say he lied about where he would be staying when he traveled to Delaware. His probation could be revoked at his next hearing.
David Matuciewicz may be in even more trouble. Police found a cache of weapons in the car his father drove east from Texas, in the family's mobile home there and in a rented storage locker.
Both David and his mother Lenore may face charges for their roles in the events leading up to the courthouse shooting.
The memorial service for Beth Mulford is set to begin at the church at 11:00 a.m. with a burial to follow in New Jersey.
shooting, homicide, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 49 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 9 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 51 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 15 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 34 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 37 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
15 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
26 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
34 min ago