Funeral services held for Elizabeth Mulford
WILMINGTON, Del. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Memorial services were held at the Red Clay Presbyterian Church for Elizabeth Mulford Saturday morning. She was one of the victims shot and killed at the courthouse in Wilmington on Monday.
Mulford was a nurse, a wife and a mother of two. She volunteered with the girl scouts, and she was also the kind of woman who would go to court to support a friend who was going through a tough battle over child support.
It was that dedication to a friend, shooting victim Christine Belford that cost her life.
Her father had visited her the night before her death to give her a combined Valentine's and birthday present.
"We sat there, and we visited for about an hour, and I am so glad I did," said William Mahan.
Mulford was killed at the courthouse on Monday by Belford's ex-father-in-law Thomas Matusiewicz.
David Matusiewicz, Belford's ex-husband and the son of the shooter, appeared in federal court Friday.
He waived his right to a detention hearing for violating his parole. Police say he lied about where he would be staying when he traveled to Delaware. His probation could be revoked at his next hearing.
David Matuciewicz may be in even more trouble. Police found a cache of weapons in the car his father drove east from Texas, in the family's mobile home there and in a rented storage locker.
Both David and his mother Lenore may face charges for their roles in the events leading up to the courthouse shooting.
The memorial service for Beth Mulford is set to begin at the church at 11:00 a.m. with a burial to follow in New Jersey.
shooting, homicide, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 43 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 44 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 19 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 45 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 15 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 51 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
34 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
44 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
45 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
19 min ago