Elderly couple escapes fiery home in Bensalem
BENSALEM, Pa. - February 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- An elderly couple escaped injury when their home went up in flames in Bensalem late Friday night.
Firefighters were called out to the 2200 block of Lakewood Street around 11:40 p.m. where crews found flames shooting from the roof of the home.
Crews battled the fire for several hours before bringing it under control.
Officials say the fire caused extensive damage to the home.
The elderly couple managed to escape unharmed.
Fire marshals are investigating to determine the cause of the fire.
fire, bensalem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 54 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!