Coroner: Elderly Pa. man fatally shoots self, wife
EAST BERLIN, Pa. (AP) - fEBRUARY 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in York County say an 85-year-old man fatally shot his wife as she lay in bed before killing himself.
Investigators say the murder-suicide happened sometime Tuesday at a home in Washington Township.
Officials with the York County Coroner's Office say 85-year-old Sherman Brown shot 84-year-old Jeanette Brown one time in the head. The man then sat in a bedroom chair and shot himself in the head with the rifle.
Police were called to the home around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday. Chief Deputy Coroner Claude Stabley says Brown did not leave a note, but that he had been caring for his wife, who had health issues.
homicide, suicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 46 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 47 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 39 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
46 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
39 min ago