Coroner: Elderly Pa. man fatally shoots self, wife
EAST BERLIN, Pa. (AP) - fEBRUARY 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in York County say an 85-year-old man fatally shot his wife as she lay in bed before killing himself.
Investigators say the murder-suicide happened sometime Tuesday at a home in Washington Township.
Officials with the York County Coroner's Office say 85-year-old Sherman Brown shot 84-year-old Jeanette Brown one time in the head. The man then sat in a bedroom chair and shot himself in the head with the rifle.
Police were called to the home around 9:15 p.m. Tuesday. Chief Deputy Coroner Claude Stabley says Brown did not leave a note, but that he had been caring for his wife, who had health issues.
homicide, suicide, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police