17-year-old shot during Port Richmond robbery
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back during a robbery in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
It happened on January 28th at 11:50 p.m.
Police say the 17-year-old boy was sitting in LJ Café in the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue. He started talking with another man, then the two went outside.
That's when police say the second man pulled out a handgun and demanded money. The 17-year-old said he didn't have any and turned to run away. The gunman fired once, hitting the 17-year-old in the back, then fled west on Orleans Street.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 20-30 years-of-age, 5'7"-6'0", goatee, wearing a tan jacket, black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the crime is asked to contact Detective Aiken at the Philadelphia Police Department's East Detectives Division: 215-686-3243/3244.
philadelphia, robbery, shooting, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 1 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 1 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 1 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 1 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
1 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
1 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos