17-year-old shot during Port Richmond robbery
PHILADELPHIA - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a 17-year-old boy was shot in the back during a robbery in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia.
It happened on January 28th at 11:50 p.m.
Police say the 17-year-old boy was sitting in LJ Café in the 2900 block of Frankford Avenue. He started talking with another man, then the two went outside.
That's when police say the second man pulled out a handgun and demanded money. The 17-year-old said he didn't have any and turned to run away. The gunman fired once, hitting the 17-year-old in the back, then fled west on Orleans Street.
Police have released the following description of the suspect:
Black male, 20-30 years-of-age, 5'7"-6'0", goatee, wearing a tan jacket, black hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the crime is asked to contact Detective Aiken at the Philadelphia Police Department's East Detectives Division: 215-686-3243/3244.
philadelphia, robbery, shooting, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore